Your web browser is out of date.
Update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.
Vegan Butternut Squash Pancakes
- 150g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 40 g golden caster sugar
- 150g butternut squash puree150ml water
- ½ lemon, zest
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g butternut squash, approx. ¼ cm dice, cooked in water until soft
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Separately combine the butternut squash puree, water, lemon zest and remaining vegetable oil. Combine the 2 together.
- Stir the diced butternut squash into the mix.
- Pre heat the griddle side your grill. Spoon some of the mixture onto the griddle in even amounts and allow to cook for 1-3 minutes until the mixture starts to bubble. Flip over and cook for a further 1-3 minutes. Repeat until all mixture is cooked.