Your web browser is out of date.
Update your browser for more security, speed and the best experience on this site.
Vegan Spinach and Mushroom Lasagne
- 1 small butternut squash, sliced thinly
- 250g spinach
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- 200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 30g dairy free butter
- 30g plain flour
- 300ml dairy free milk (soya, coconut, almond)
- Salt and pepper
- 60g vegan grated cheddar cheese
- For the béchamel sauce, heat the milk on the hob, and in a separate pan heat the butter and add the flour, whilst continuously stirring, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add the heated milk a bit at a time until all incorporated, season, cover with some baking paper or cling film and set aside.
- Cook the butternut squash in salted water for 2 minutes, remove from the water and refresh in iced water, drain and dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook on a high heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Take the Evolve deep pan plate and layer up the butternut squash slices, mushroom mix and béchamel sauce, making sure to finish with béchamel sauce. Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Attach the plate to the Evolve grill; put a piece of baking paper on top of the lasagne and cook at 160ºC for 10-20 minutes until piping hot.
Tip- Be careful not to over fill the deep pan plate as when cooking it could over flow. Leave at least ½ cm at the top.